Arrayit Corporation (ARYC) leads and empowers the genetic, research, pharmaceutical, and diagnostic communities through the discovery, development and manufacture of proprietary life science technologies and consumables for disease prevention, treatment and cure. - Powerful Science for Life
Products - Books & Software - Array Designer Software to Design Oligonucleotides for Genotyping, Gene Expression, Re-Sequencing, CGH, and PCR Microarrays
Arrayit and PremierBiosoft collaborate to create the most advanced oligonucleotide design software available on the market. Array Designer enables fully automated primer and probe design for VIP microarrays, genotyping, expression analysis, re-sequencing, CGH microarrays, real-time PCR and other applications in research, life sciences, diagnostics and agriculture. Array Designer software is fully compatible with Arrayit’s high-speed bioblue bioinformatics computers and highly recommended for VIP genotyping customers. Each software purchase includes Arrayit technical support for microarray applications.
Table of Contents
Arrayit and Premier Biosoft Array Designer Software improves the precision, speed and affordability of microarray experimentation in research, pharmaceutical development, diagnostics, agriculture, and other areas of life sciences and health care by facilitating both manual and automated design of primers, probes and other types of oligonucleotides. This handbook contains all the information required to take full advantage of Array Designer, the market’s most advanced oligonucleotide design software.
Arrayit and Premier Biosoft employ the highest quality control (QC) and quality assurance (QA) measures to ensure the quality of the algorithms used in Array Designer. The finest scientific research was used to develop this software product. When used on conjunction with Arrayit BioBlue computers, Array Designer is guaranteed to outperform the highest industry standards for oligonucleotide design software tools.
Array Designer is an oligonucleotide and cDNA microarray design software package that empowers scientists to design thousands of primers and probes for DNA microarray applications in seconds. It designs probes for SNP detection, microarray gene expression and gene expression profiling. In addition, comprehensive support for tiling microarrays and re-sequencing microarrays is available.
Array Designer is the industry’s most advanced software solution for oligonucleotide design. Customers will appreciate the following features of this software package:
1. BLAST Searches. Array Designer designs highly specific oligonucleotides by interpreting the results of a BLAST search performed against any genomic database available at NCBI or a local custom database. All significant homologies identified are automatically avoided during the oligonucleotide design process. Repeat regions are identified and automatically avoided as well.
2. Standard Microarray Design. You can design primers and probes for SNP detection and gene expression profiling on multiple sequences in a single search run. Our customers, typically choose over 10,000 sequences at a time. The highly specific, high-throughput capacity makes Array Designer “best in class” for oligonucleotide synthesis.
3. SNP Detection. A Single Nucleotide Polymorphism (SNP) is the variation of a single base pair in the DNA sequence between either the members of a species or between the paired chromosomes of an individual. These polymorphisms may affect how organisms develop diseases and respond to chemicals and drugs. SNPs are, therefore, of great value in biomedical research and drug development. SNP detection and genotyping can be used to explain and diagnose many diseases, to study the variation in drug responses, to establish the origin of biological material and to study the relatedness between individuals. DNA microarrays represent a technological platform that enables SNP genotyping in a rapid and massively parallel manner. SNP primers and probes for Variation Identification Platform (VIP) microarrays and other genotyping applications are optimized by Array Designer to afford optimal amplification efficiency and hybridization specificity. Array Designer designs both wild and mutant probes to amplify and genotype any allele of interest. Array Designer is highly recommended for Arrayit VIP Genotyping Platform customers. Thousands of SNPs for designing probes for SNP detection and genotyping can be loaded into Array Designer. The SNPs can be defined as a variation feature in the GenBank file format. To load unpublished SNP information, you can reformat your sequence data to a GenBank like format with the help of the template provided, or you can add SNP information to sequences already loaded in a project with the “Add SNP” option. For SNP detection assays, use the “SNP at the center of probe” option to design wild and mutant probes. Probe output can be defined to design single or multiple probes as required. For multiple probes, you can specify the sense (sense or anti-sense) and the minimum distance between the probes.
4. Gene Expression Profiling. Array Designer allows the design of thousands of specific oligonucleotides for microarray-based gene expression profiling in a single search run. Complete user control is available to alter the design parameters to meet specific research needs. You can batch BLAST sequences and avoid repeats and low complexity regions before designing sequences. The software includes automatic homology avoidance using BLAST searches of hundreds of sequences in a single search run. The results are automatically interpreted and the homologies identified are avoided during oligonucleotide design. Specificity checks include BLAST searches with primers and probes designed against all the genomic databases available at NCBI, including the redundant nr database to verify the specificity of design. Product location allows the user to specify the product length and product location at the 3’end, 5’end or anywhere in the sequence. Comprehensive selection criteria screen oligonucleotides for thermodynamic properties as well as secondary structure. Graphics for the structures are also displayed. Ranking uses statistical optimization techniques to design the best primer and probe for each template. A list of alternate designs is also available. A proprietary algorithm calculates oligonucleotide melting temperature (Tm) based on nearest-neighbor thermodynamics.
5. Whole Genome Microarrays. Whole genome microarray experiments use hybridization to scan the entire genome of an organism. The technology helps investigate expression levels of all genes, transcripts or a large fraction of the genome simultaneously with high reproducibility and sensitivity. One method of whole genome analysis uses a set of overlapping oligonucleotides covering the entire genome. The development of whole genome microaarray represents another advancement critical to the development of new microarraying applications. Whole genome microarrays have been useful for studying the poorly understood aspects of trancriptomes and natural antisense transcripts as they can simultaneously monitor gene expression on both strands of the genome. They have been found extremely useful for discovering novel genes. Array Designer allows researchers to study the genetic make-up of entire organisms effortlessly by detecting every gene or exon in the whole genome. This enables easy discovery of differentially- and alternatively-spliced transcripts, SNPs, DNA sequence variation in individuals or populations and comparative genome hybridization (CGH). Whole genome microarray design is fast and easy. can be used to interrogate a gene, exon or any other stretch of DNA of your choice. Oligonucleotides can be designed by position to detect regions of interest in the entire genome. Oligonucleotides for equal-sized fragments divides the entire genome into equal sized fragments and designs sequences for each one of them. Sequences by annotations helps you design oligonucleotides for each exon or gene. The genes and exons are resolved using GenBank file annotations or can be specified manually.
6. Tiling Microarrays. You can print every nucleotide of a long genomic sequence using amplified material obtained from whole genome amplification and avoid repetitive regions. Designing microarrays to characterize regulatory elements, or to study epigenetic modifications, methylation patterns and protein binding sites is also straightforward using Array Designer.
7. Re-sequencing Microarrays. Array Designer allows the design of re-sequencing microarrays allowing the detection of SNP and other sequence variations in a large number of samples. One of the common challenges in re-sequencing microarray design is difficult base calls caused by inter-template cross hybridization. With the unique feature called project BLAST, you can identify and avoid the homologous regions that create false positives in re-sequencing.
Probe and primer design
SNP detection and genotyping
Whole genome microarrays
Arrayit strongly recommends BioBlue Computers for Array Designer Software. The recommended computer requirements are as follows:
Figure 1. Array Designer is extensively integrated into the web.
Figure 2. Array Designer also allows customers to load sequences locally.
Figure 3. Array Designer also thousands of primers and probes to be designed with the click of a button.
Figure 4. Array Designer has advanced features that report on melting temperature, secondary structure and other important sequence parameters for microarray applications.
Figure 5. Array Designer empowers whole genome microarray applications.
Figure 6. Array Designer has sophisticated basic local alignment search tool (BLAST) capabilities.
"With Array Designer, I was amazed at how easy it was to design primers for sequences from a cDNA library. I cloned the gene in a week. The homology avoidance algorithm works incredibly well, it made the probes so specific and my experiment a big success!"
- Dr. Greg Khitrov, Gene Array Resource Center, The Rockefeller University, New York
"The primer selection process can be reduced from weeks to days”
- HMS Beagle
"Array Designer is a very useful tool for custom designing both cDNA and oligo arrays"
- The Scientist Magazine
Please contact us if you have any questions, comments, suggestions, or if you need technical assistance. By electronic mail, use firstname.lastname@example.org and type "ArrayIt technical assistance" into the subject line. By telephone, call (408) 744-1331 between the hours of 8AM and 7PM PST Monday through Friday. We want to hear about your successes and are always happy to feature contributed data on our website.
H25K Whole Human Genome Chips
VIP Diagnostics Packages
Biomarker Discovery Services
BioBlue Bionformatics Computers
Nanoprint 2 Enterprise Level Microarrayers
Professional Series Microarray Printing Technology
SpotBot® 4 Personal Microarrayers
InnoScan® Microarray Laser Scanners
SpotLight Microarray Scanners
SpotWare Colorimetric Microarray Scanners
*International pricing may vary as much as 30% (or more depending on country) due to import duties, stocking fees and technical support.
*Add shipping and handling to all orders.
Copyright 1993-2019 Arrayit Corporation. All rights reserved.