Products - Microarray Tools - Microarray Wash Stations - High-Throughput Wash Stations to Speed and Simplify Blocking, Wash and Rinse Buffer Steps for DNA and Protein Microarrays
ArrayIt® has developed a highly innovative microarray wash station that facilitates microarray processing and washing at an affordable price. Our High-Throughput Wash Stations accommodate up to 25 microarrays in a durable slide rack and 500 ml buffer reservoir equipped with a magnetic stir bar. Compatible with all 25 x 76 mm glass substrate slide microarrays, these wash stations can be used with any magnetic stir plate and are essential equipment for all microarray laboratories. Multiple wash stations containing different buffers simplify and speed microarray processing and washing.
Figure 1. Shown are the components of the ArrayIt® High-Throughput Wash Station including the durable 25-position substrate slide holder (left), the 500 ml buffer reservoir with built-in stir bar (center) and the cover (right). Use in conjunction with any magnetic stir plate.
Table of Contents
- Quality Control
- Product Description
- Technical Assistance
- Short Protocols
- Complete Protocols
- Troubleshooting Tips
- Ordering Information
Congratulations on taking a big step towards improving the affordability, quality and speed of your genomics, biomedical, pharmaceutical and agricultural research. This booklet contains all the information required to take full advantage of Arrayit's ArrayIt® Brand High-Throughput Wash Station.
Arrayit takes every measure to assure the quality of our ArrayIt® Brand High-Throughput Wash Stations. The finest microarray biochip research and engineering was used to develop this product. Rigorous quality control monitoring on a part-by-part basis guarantees that this product conforms to the highest industry standards.
Arrayit's ArrayIt® Brand High-Throughput Wash Station provides the highest quality glass microarray wash station at an affordable price. All of our Wash Stations are designed by our team of world-class engineers and manufactured in our advanced microarray research laboratories by our trained technical staff. No other glass slide wash station on the market can compete with this product in terms of affordability or performance.
Users will appreciate the following features:
1. Holds 1-25 standard microarray substrates (25 mm x 76 mm)
2. Substrate rack stable to centrifugation (500 x g)
3. Can be used on any magnetic stir plate
4. Conserves buffer at 400 ml buffer per wash step
5. Room temperature washes with any aqueous buffer from 4-50°C
6. Acrylic box stable to mild solvents such as ethanol
7. Lid prevents buffer evaporation
8. Unique engineering design allows rapid buffer equilibration
9. Low cost allows multiple units to be used at once
10. Excellent for both nucleic acid and protein microarrays
Please contact us if you have any comments, suggestions, or if you need technical assistance. By electronic mail:firstname.lastname@example.org (under the subject heading please type "ArrayIt® technical assistance"). By telephone: (408) 744-1331, Monday–Friday PST 9:00am - 4:30pm. Please remember that we want to hear about your successes too!
1. Fill the Wash Station with 400 ml buffer. For best results use ArrayIt Microarray Wash Buffers and Blocking Buffers.
2. Place the Wash Station on a magnetic stir plate.
3. Turn on the magnetic stir plate to initiate buffer mixing.
4. Place 1-25 glass microarrays in the black substrate rack.
5. Insert the rack into the Wash Station.
6. Cover the Wash Station with the tight-fitting lid.
7. Mix for 5 min with a wash buffer of choice.
8. Remove lid and substrate rack and empty buffer by inverting the Wash Station.
9. Add a new wash buffer and repeat steps 2-8 as the protocol requires.
10. When wash steps are complete, for best results dry using a microarray centrifuge.
1. Fill the Wash Station with 400 ml buffer. This volume will fill the Wash Station approximately 2/3 full. The Wash Station is designed to be used in aqueous (water-based) buffers, but the acrylic box is resistant to mild solvents such as ethanol and isopropanol. The use of strong solvents such as acetone will discolor the unit and should NOT be used under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. For best results use ArrayIt Microarray Wash Buffers and Blocking Buffers.Microarray Buffers
2. Place the Wash Station on a magnetic stir plate. The unit should be placed in the center of the unit to avoid a “dancing” stir bar during the mixing process.
3. Turn on the magnetic stir plate to initiate buffer mixing. Choose a mixing speed that provides vigorous agitation without spilling the wash buffer over the top of the Wash Station. The Wash Station is designed for room temperature (20-25°C) washes, but can accommodate buffers pre-cooled to as low as 4°C or pre-heated to warm as 50°C. The Wash Station should NOT be used in freezers, on "hot plates" or in microwave ovens UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
4. Place 1-25 glass microarrays in the black substrate rack. The black rack holds any “microscope slide” type substrate (25 mm x 76 mm).
5. Insert the rack into the Wash Station. Make sure the rack is in the center of the Wash Station for best mixing.
6. Cover the Wash Station with the tight-fitting lid. The lid prevents buffer evaporation during mixing and also keeps particulate from falling into the Wash Station during use.
7. Mix for 5 min with a wash buffer of choice. Buffers could include various dilutions of SSC, SSPE, SDS, TritonX-100, NP-40, ethanol, sodium borohydride or any other aqueous buffer that is used in conjunction with DNA or protein microarrays. The acrylic Wash Station is not stable to strong acids or bases or solvents such as acetone. DO NOT use improper buffers in this unit UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
8. Remove lid and substrate rack and empty buffer by inverting the Wash Station. The retention screen will prevent the stir bar from falling out of the unit. Aqueous buffers can be discarded into a standard laboratory sink fitted with a proper drain.
9. Add a new wash buffer and repeat steps 2-8 as the protocol requires. This allows new buffers to be used for protocols that contain multiple wash steps. Several Wash Stations can be set up in tandem for increased throughput.
10. When wash steps are complete, for best results dry using a microarray centrifuge.
1. No buffer mixing
- Check the stir plate power cord
- Make sure the mixing switch is turned on
2. Poor buffer mixing
- Make sure the Wash Station is in the center of the stir plate
- Check that the buffer volume is 400 ml
3. Uneven microarray signals
- Increase wash time
- Increase rate of buffer mixing
4. Buffer evaporation
Figure 2. Wash Station in use. Shown is Arrayit's ArrayIt® Brand High-Throughput Wash Station with 25 glass substrates in the substrate rack and 400 ml buffer containing 1X SSC (left) or a protein microarray buffer containing detergent (right) in the Wash Station. The clear lid prevents buffer evaporation during use.
Figure 3. High-throughput wash station with 25-position glass substrate slide rack and built-in magnetic stir bar.
*Prices Plus shipping via Federal Express or US Postal Service Priority Mail.
Price (US Dollars)*
High Throughput Wash Station
ArrayIt® High Throughput Wash Station provides an innovative and affordable solution for microarray processing and washing at an affordable price. Three piece construction consisting of a Substrate Rack (HTWSR) accommodating 1-25 standard 25 x 76 mm glass substrate slides, 500 ml buffer reservoir with a magnetic stir bar, and a clear lid. Compatible with all glass substrate slide microarrayers and scanners and essential equipment for all microarray laboratories. Multiple wash stations per laboratory speed microarray processing and washing.
ArrayIt® 25-position Substrate Rack for the High Throughput Wash Station, rugged construction, accommodates 1-25 standard 25 x 76 mm glass substrate slides.
High Throughput Wash Station and Substrate Rack Discounts:
5-9= 5% Discount
10-19 = 10% Discount
20-49 = 15% Discount
50-100+ = 20% Discount
*International pricing may vary as much as 30% (or more depending on country) due to import duties, stocking fees and technical support.
*To order ArrayIt® brand products: call 408-744-1331, fax 408-744-1711, email email@example.com or click on the purchase buttons to proceed to the Arrayit Store.
ArrayIt® brand products have been scientifically developed and are sold for research purposes. Extreme care and exact attention should be practiced in the use of the materials described herein. All ArrayIt® brand products are subject to extensive quality control and are guaranteed to perform as described when used properly. Any problems with any ArrayIt® brand product should be reported to Arrayit immediately. Arrayit’s liability is limited to the replacement of the product, or a full refund. Any misuse of this product is the full responsibility of the user, and Arrayit makes no warranty or guarantee under such circumstances.
Copyright 1993-2019 Arrayit Corporation. All rights reserved.